Will it cost me a fortune to join?
Membership costs £20.00 and last for a year from the date you join. We only accept online membership applications - please do not use the old paper based membership forms - if you need help with the IT please approach one of the committee members. We will be bringing an internet enabled laptop to the club around April time when most memberships are due for renewal to assist people. There is a £1.50 online processing fee.
In addition new members must purchase a club vest at the ridiculously cheap price of £12.00 - this is subsidised by the club.
You may opt into EA membership if you choose, this costs £13.00 per year.
Why should I join?
Apart from the fact that you might enjoy company instead of always running on your own, benefits that come with membership include:
- Discount at sports retailers on production of your club card (the cost of membership can be recuperated on buying a pair of running shoes)
- Organised events throughout the year both social and races
- We host a number of highly regarded races throughout the year - see our races section for more details
- Organised training to suit your pace- although we are a club with fast runnners, the majority of our runners are club runners and enjoy socialising as much as running. We welcome all speeds and all abilities, you will not be too slow
- We offer an organised couch to 5k program
- Reduced entry fees for any race that is organised under UKA rules
- Opportunities to win the club places for the London Marathon (club rules apply)
- Option to run in events that allow only UKA affiliated runners, such as the Westward Cross Country League.
The club, in addition to encouraging members to enjoy their running, sees its members competing on a regular basis in organised events held throughout the South West. The type of event varies in distance from Fun Run or 10 Km to marathon, and includes road races, off-road (multi terrain) and cross-country.